Apollo Beach Tourism Video

Visit Apollo Beach, Florida!

Apollo Beach, Florida, US - April 11, 2020

The project that produced this video assignment was based on staying creative during the COVID-19 Pandemic and using our surroundings to inspire us. I had the opportunity to visit my mother, who was living in the area at the time, and get some amazing shots! For many others the pandemic seemed to create anxiety and depression due to the lack of social contact, but I found it to be a time of self-improvement. This was my first video project ever completed, and I was able to focus on every aspect of it to get a final product that I am extremely proud of. This video is great example of tourism promotion that you may contact me for!

For this project I took some time to plan my shots and did some location scouting to assure that my memory served me right in what I was expecting to see. After working around the weather for a few days, given that Florida tends to get a lot of afternoon rains in their wet season, I finally had a beautiful day to shoot. After gathering my equipment, charged batteries, clean SD cards, and undamaged propellers, I still failed to remember my sunscreen! Although, that did not put a damper on the fun I had with this shoot. For this shoot I flew with a Yuneec Typhoon H quipped with a CGO3+ camera gimabal recording in 4K. After shooting I reviewed my video clips to assure that I had enough usable footage to meet project requirements, and I began editing. I edited using Adobe Premiere Pro software. The editing process for this project started with placing all clips in my timeline how I best saw fit, followed by cutting clips to their desired length along with adjusting speed/duration. I included music, details can be found in the video description on YouTube, that matched the tone I was aiming for with the video, and I also adjusted levels in the clips to bring some more vibrancy to the shots. Once I felt that I edited to my heart's desire I uploaded to YouTube, and I am so proud of the outcome. Something I learned from this shoot that I will now always do my best to apply to future drone video projects is to fly fast and adjust speed later. I flew slow while recording to make sure my clips came out as desired in shot and length, but this resulted in less stable footage which was visible once I adjusted speed during the editing phase. 

Comments

Popular Posts